The Ceilidh Trail scheme is a Fèisean nan Gàidheal showcase project which gives young musicians and singers aged 16 to 25 the opportunity to take part in a professional summer tour through their local fèis with support from a team of musicians and specialist tutors. This unique opportunity offers participants training in the core skills required for a career in the creative industries in general and in music in particular.
Our inaugural ceilidh trail tour in 2018 will be supported by Festival 2018, a dynamic cultural festival being developed to run alongside the Glasgow 2018 European Championships. This exciting partnership will deliver performances in Paisley, Glasgow and other host partner cities for the event.
Participants will perform concerts from July 28th-August 12th and must be available for all of these dates as well as a training week at the beginning of July.
What to Expect
As part of our ceilidh trail project, participants will learn important skills including:
- Learn to use a PA system and do your own sound at gigs
- Learn to play for ceilidh dancing and how to call the dances
- Develop your stage presentation skills
- Develop your Gaelic language skills and learn to introduce your sets bilingually
- Be paid a competitive weekly wage and have all reasonable expenses reimbursed.
To apply for this job, please click the link below