Website Giglets Education
Literacy development for pupils, teachers and schools.
GME Assessment and Support Officer – Giglets Education
£28,000 – £33,000 a year, FTE
Position announced 20 April 2018
Apply by 17:00 on 31 May 2018
Giglets Education is seeking an experienced GME professional to act as an Assessment and Support Officer.
The Scottish Government has commissioned Gaelic Medium Education Scottish National Standardised Assessments (GME SNSA) as part of the National Improvement Framework. The GME SNSA will assess children and young people from Gaelic Medium Education in reading, writing and numeracy during P1, P4, P7 and S3. Giglets Education is developing the GME SNSA for launch in June 2018.
In order that the Scottish Gaelic language and GME especially is treated with parity in Scotland, Giglets Education is developing the assessment material using a Gaelic-first approach. All content will be developed in Gaelic and focus on the experiences and outcomes of CfE.
The role of the GME Assessment and Support Officer will be primarily to support the implementation and delivery of the GME SNSA across Scotland’s GME Schools and Local Authorities. This role will include training GME teachers across Scotland. This role will also involve wider stakeholder engagement including with but not limited to Scottish Government, Education Scotland, Bòrd na Gàidhlig and Stòrlann. Additionally, the role of the GME Assessment and Support Officer will be to establish, maintain and improve training materials. The role will also involve acting as an arbitrator of user feedback.
• The candidate must be fluent in both spoken and written Gaelic.
• The candidate should be a specialist in education, with extensive experience of educating children and young people in GME primary and/or secondary schools and be holding the relevant professional qualifications such as GTCS Accreditation wherever possible.
• Start in the role as soon as possible but no later than August 2018.
• Experience of project management would be preferred though our emphasis is on experience of CfE within GME.
• Individuals with some experience of developing and delivering teacher training such as professional development courses would be encouraged.
Job Type: This is a part-time position working 2-3 days per week dependent upon the candidate chosen and offers associated flexible working arrangements including working from home. Some travel across Scotland is required.
Salary and Benefits: The salary is in the range of 28k-33k FTE. Benefits include pro-rata 28 days holiday, pension and opportunities to work from home.
To Apply: Please send your CV and appropriate Covering Letter by email to email@example.com by no later than 17:00 on 31 May 2018. Jax McGhee is the Editorial Director at Giglets Education. Next steps will be advised on application.