PrimaryPlayCare Primary PlayCare
This post requires an enthusiastic & energetic Manager for our busy out of school care service based in Glasgow City Centre. Applicants are expected to hold the minimum of a Level 4 Childcare Qualification with previous & proven experience in a childcare setting together with staff supervision/management experience. Applicants who do not already hold a BA Childhood Practice or Level 9 equivalent must be willing to work towards this. Successful applicants will be required to meet the criteria for SSSC Registration at Manager Level, undergo PVG checks and will be required to provide a minimum of 2 satisfactory employment & personal references.
The Manager will be responsible for : –
- Taking a proactive approach to the planning and organisation of day to day activities within the service such as staff duties, school collections & activity planning & evaluation
- Working with staff & parents to ensure effective communication within the service and communicating information throughout your team effectively and efficiently
- Implementing customer feedback mechanisms which evaluate & ensure customers receive the highest level of customer service
- Participation in Care Inspectorate self-evaluation and annual returns ensuring that the service operates in accordance with the Care Standards and identifies ares for improvement
- Implementing Company Policies and Procedures to ensure that the safety & well-being of service users and staff are being met at all times
- Ensuring staff are aware of their roles, responsibilities and accountability within the setting
- Identifying training requirements for staff and ensuring that CDP & qualification criteria targets are met
- Facilitating weekly staff team meetings and participating in monthly senior management meetings
- Ensuring that company administration processes and procedures are implemented
- Weekly & Monthly financial tasks together with fee invoice preparation and distribution
- Contribute to the ongoing evaluation and development of the service
- Working knowledge of GIRFEC, SHANARRI, Child Protection, Care Inspectorate Requirements & National Care Standards.
- We are particularly interested in applicants with Gaelic as their spoken or additional language although this is not an essential requirement of the post.
Managers are required to hold a relevant childcare qualification and have experience of working within a busy childcare setting and for this reason will be registered with the SSSC at Manager Level.
The successful candidate will have:
- Good organisation and planning skills together with the ability to communicate effectively with staff, parents and children.
- The ability to motivate & support staff
- The ability to display initiative and innovation
- Good problem solving skills and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and time scales
This post is for up to 25 hours per week term time only