Làrach-lìn / Website ScotGrad
This is an exciting opportunity for a student who is fluent in Gaelic to play an important role in promoting Scotland’s premier Gaelic festival, the Royal National Mòd.
An Comunn Gàidhealach is a small organisation which organises one of Scotland’s largest festivals, the Royal National Mòd.
They are seeking a 12-week student placement, based in their Inverness office, to assist with raising the profile of the Mòd and to develop systems and processes around it.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
* Develop and pilot new approaches to social media. Research and identify suitable online analytics tools.
* Develop a system to monitor and collate own choice music for Royal National Mòd.
* Manage an online entries system for the event, responding to queries as appropriate.
* Raise profile of the Mòd through a coordinated mix of communication channels. Research new target audiences.
* Introduce new ways for communications such as e-newsletters and information leaflets.
* Collaborate with contacts, stakeholders and local organising committees to facilitate the creation of the annual programme for the Mòd.
* Develop a trophy tracking and monitoring database.
* Create online information packs.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Peigi MacLennan on 01463 832 004.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Open to current HNC, HND and undergraduate degree students who will return to their studies after the summer. All subjects considered provided the student is fluent in Gaelic.
Skills / Experience –
* Fluent in both written and spoken Gaelic.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Excellent IT skills.
* Able to work on own initiative, but also as part of a team.
* Well organised.
* Able to adapt to change.
* Knowledge of website development.
* Knowledge of social media for business use.
* A knowledge of the Gaelic arts / Royal National Mòd.
Additional information –
Preferred start date: 17/06/2019