Within South Lanarkshire Council’s Education Resources it is our mission to make positive, meaningful changes in the lives of young people. We aim to provide an exceptional learning and working environment for pupils and staff, and work in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to the education, care and welfare of young people in an Educational Setting.
Mount Cameron Primary School is looking for School Support Assistant who is fluent in oral and written Gaelic and in comprehension
You will work as an effective member of the support services team within Mount Cameron Primary, delivering a high quality service which supports pupils and staff and contributes to a positive school ethos.
You will provide a full range of office and administrative support to the school using existing education software and provide classroom support as required.
Candidates must have experience of supporting children and young people’s learning in a formal setting. While a formal qualification is not essential, any of the following would be desirable:
- NC in Early Education and Childcare at SCQF Level 6
- SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) at SCQF Level 6
- HNC Additional Support Needs: Managing and Supporting
- National Progression Award Play work and Child Care
- PDA in Education Support Assistance at SCQF Level 6
- SVQ 2 Play work at SCQF Level 6
- SVQ Children’s Care Learning and Development at SCQF Level 2.
- Experience of working with children and/or young people in a formal setting
- Awareness of developments in Scottish education and the Scottish Government’s National Performance Framework
- Able to demonstrate proven literacy and numeracy skills*
- Flexible and adaptable
Please be advised that the applicants who are invited to attend the selection event will be required to complete a written assessment in Gaelic and that part of the panel interview will be conducted in Gaelic.
This is a re-advertisement, please note previous applicants need not apply.