As a Gaelic Content Writer working within the Scottish team, you will be involved in creating innovative CfE resources for Gaelic Medium and Gaelic Learners. You will have teaching experience in GME or GLE and understand the needs of the Gaelic teaching community. You will work in partnership with our Gaelic speaking Content Editor to ensure high levels of quality control during the production process. Your content will be turned into a finished product for Twinkl by our highly skilled design team. The role does not require you to work from the Twinkl office although you must be available for regular meetings by video link. If you are working from home you will need to provide your own device to work on and a reliable, high speed internet connection.
Paid holiday will be accrued. We are looking for working teachers (part time or supply) who can do this work around their teaching.
This role is suitable for part time workers only
You will be expected to complete 15 hours over a week
- Thorough CfE knowledge and experience
- Native Gaelic speaker
- GME and/or GLE experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft word
- Creative approach to lesson planning and resources
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional spelling and grammar
Beneficial but not essential:
- Experience across CfE levels
- Experience of dealing with Gaelic speaking public organisations.
- Is good fun to be with and has the ability to communicate well with others
- Is organised, able to work to deadlines, and manages time effectively
- Is able to communicate with colleagues and our external partners effectively, both written and verbally
- Has a hard work ethic, is passionate, driven and loves what they do
- Is honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Produces quality work and is ready to learn new skills
Qualifications & Experience:
- BEd/PGDE OR equivalent
- At least 3 years teaching experience as a fully GTC qualified teacher