Urras Oighreachd Ghabhsainn (Galson Estate Trust) is entrusted with the management of a 56,000 acre community owned estate in the North West of the Isle of Lewis. With 2018 being the “Year of Young People” we aim to work with other organisations and agencies to develop and co-ordinate a dedicated calendar of community events and activities throughout the year to showcase to young people that the Western Isles is a fantastic place to live and work.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a number of organisations and agencies to develop and co-ordinate a number of community events and activities as part of the Year of the Young People (YOYP). The graduate will be required to develop and oversee the implementation of a marketing and social media strategy to raise awareness of the YOYP within the Western Isles. The successful candidate will help promote awareness of future opportunities for young people to become involved within their community, and also support the development of an event to recognise and celebrate young people in the Galson estate area.
This placement is an excellent springboard for a graduate to showcase their skills to a variety of trusts and also other stakeholders on the Islands. The YOYP is a high profile, national themed year and there are likely to be further opportunities for the right graduate.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Lisa Maclean
E: email@example.com T: 01851 850393
- Working with a number of organisations and agencies to develop and co-ordinate a YOYP calendar of events/activities.
- Create press releases and undertake social media activities to promote YOYP.
- Develop a YOYP branding for each organisation and agency to provide guidance to ensure consistency.
- Source, order and cascade marketing materials.
- Attendance at YOYP stakeholders’ meetings.
- Working with various stakeholders to support the engagement of young people.
- Creating a monthly report for Urras Oighreachd Ghabhsainn board meeting.
- Compilation of a final report of year’s activities to share with shareholders trusts including Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
- Minimum qualifications Degree level in Marketing, Events, Graphic Design or equivalent.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and its application including events management.
- Knowledge, and understanding of social media for events
- Knowledge of graphic design and use of associated software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proactive and a team player
- Able to prioritise workload
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good listener and willingness to learn
- Willingness to complete the 12-month placement
- Ability to read and write Gaelic
- Experience of community events/activities
- Experience of youth work/intergenerational activity
- Experience of event co-ordination
Airson tagradh a chur airson na h-obrach seo, cliog an link seo gu h-ìosal
To apply for this job, please click the link below