Làrach-lìn / Website Highlands and Islands Enterprise
We’re looking for an experienced, proactive, and ambitious Development Manager to join our Innse Gall area team, supporting a range of communities, community organisations, social enterprises and businesses.
This is a full time, permanent role based in Benbecula, with the option of hybrid working.
As a key member of the Innse Gall area team, you’ll:
- Work proactively with colleagues to identify and support communities, social enterprises and businesses with the potential to deliver social and economic impact;
- Take a lead role in supporting clients to realise their growth aspirations;
- Develop strong client relationships to gain a comprehensive understanding of their strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities;
- Contribute towards HIE’s place based approach by challenging and encouraging clients to consider where their projects and initiatives add value and complement each other through activity, proposed or underway, within the area;
- Develop good working relationships with project partners, key funders, and organisations HIE works with and to identify growth opportunities;
- Assess development proposals with a view to their suitability for HIE support, and, where appropriate, prepare and present papers for consideration.
It’s essential that you have client-facing experience in a private, public, or third sector organisation, with a keen interest in place-based community and economic development.
You’ll also have experience in project appraisal, and you’ll be adept at reviewing and analysing financial accounts.
You’ll use your influencing and negotiating skills to engage with a range of local and regional stakeholders.