Celtic and Scottish Studies, part of the School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures, seeks to appoint a Gaelic Language and Culture Teaching Assistant. The successful applicant will be required to teach within the framework of the School’s courses in Celtic and Scottish Studies.
This is a part-time, 12 month fixed-term post, available from September 2019. Hours of work are 17.5 per week during the months of September through to May. For the months of June, July and August, working hours will be zero. Annual leave will normally be taken during the months you are scheduled to work. Salary is calculated on an annualised basis and paid in 12 equal monthly instalments.
Salary: £27,830 to £32,236 per annum, pro rata.
Enquiries are welcome and can be sent via email to Dr Neill Martin, Head of Celtic and Scottish Studies, at email@example.com.
The closing date is 5pm (GMT) on 3rd September 2019.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
It is essential that applicants have:
- a good first degree (at least 2.1 or equivalent) and evidence of fluency in Gaelic and fluent in English
- experience in teaching Gaelic
- a commitment to high quality teaching and learning
- experience and demonstrable success in delivering effective university teaching
- a proven record of ability to manage time and to work to strict deadlines
- excellent interpersonal skills
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- basic IT skills
It is desirable that applicants have:
- competency in using IT for teaching and learning
- experience in assessing student work, including oral and written work